1. Δίκτυο Ύδρευσης, 2. Ανάπτυξη Τοπικών Φυτών και Δένδρων για την Αντιμετώπιση της Πείνας, 3. Κατασκευή Δημοτικού Σχολείου στο Μπουρουντί
1. Water Distribution Network 2 Popularization of Local Plants, Marchy Farming Plants and Fruit Trees 3. Construction of Primary School building in Burundi
EWB set in BURUNDI aims at achieving 3 Projects during this coming up year which aim at helping solve health, food and social related problems in poor communities.
1. The first Project consists of clean water distribution network and of making rain water valuable. These days we see frequent cholera, diarrhoea which illnesses are caused by the serious lack of clean water. These illnesses are mostly mortal, and a big number of people are taken away. It is within this context that we need to distribute clean water in the region of MARAMVYA, precisely at the area of RUSAGARA hill. We are planning also to make rain water valuable to be used in irrigation for farming domain.
2. The second Project consists of multiplication of local plants, fruits trees and market-farming plants as for many years there is a repetitive famine in Burundi caused mainly by:
- The late return of the rainy period which can delay till October.
- The disappearance of some species of local plants serving for the primary necessity as: manioc affected by mosaic disaster that destroys completely manioc. The mosaic is over, but the population lacks healthy cutting plants to return the cultivation.
- The non-exploitation of marshes during droughty periods.
- The ignorance of the population.
Our project will need to buy cutting plants of manioc from Burundian Agronomy Sciences Institute, or from other Centres and Associations which grow and produce the cutting plants of manioc
To make easy the acquisition, it is also planned to sow seeds in nursery lands which they will be distributed to the population to plant them in their well prepared marshes. It will be our opportunity to urge them to cultivate also potatoes and green beans on the same lands after they have harvested vegetables.
Our project expects to have an over lasting production of cutting plants of manioc and to have some nursery lands to develop, grow and produce the marshy farming plants, so that we should help the population in need. During the training periods, the population will be asked to grow also some fruit trees as avocado trees, orange trees, lemon trees which we can easily donate to the population.
3. The third Project consists of setting a public primary school on the same area of RUSAGARA hill. Now, in BURUNDI, the primary school is free, no more school fees, thanks to the government. And then, this welcomed act made all school-aged children attend classes in primary schools. For instance, we find a single classroom holding between 300 to 400 pupils, with only 30 benches. We understand that some pupils do not follow their lessons while sitting on stones, plaits. The teacher also can not well-control and follow his pupils and this leads to the decreasing of the educational policy, thus, producing terrible results. In addition, schools are not so many in MARAMVYA, and this fact of being obliges pupils to make long distances, thus, some give up class attendance. To remedy these education related problems, we need to set a primary school at RUSAGARA hill, which hill has no primary school. Having this we will have reduced the exceeding numbers of pupils in already existing surrounding schools, noticing: MUMURI, BUHUNJA, RUTOVU and BUGA.
Όσοι ενδιαφέρονται να στελεχώσουν την ομάδα έργου του προγράμματος μπορούν να στείλουν email εκδηλώνοντας το ενδιαφέρον τους.